|Location: Wareham, Dorset||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Dorset / Bedfordshire - permanent
Must be eligible for SC level security clerance - MUST hold a UK passport.
Salary for the QA Engineer:
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits (please note: the salary is dependent on experience and skillset)
QA Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised defence company who are a leading provider of mission systems for armoured vehicles.
Benefits for the QA Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the QA Engineer:
The main effort within this role is to support off-site trial activities in and around the Dorset area as part of a very exciting programme and will be based at Dorset for the first 2 years of the role. Key skill will include being able to work as part of a multi skill team to investigate failures and drive root cause corrective action within the company and the supply base.
Required skillset for the QA Engineer:
* Extensive SAP, RCA, CP & MRB experience is essential.
* Experienced Quality Engineer having prior successes working with multi skilled teams in the trial environment
* Experience in Supplier Quality Assurance, especially working with large system design and manufacture sub contracts, FAT Testing & Non-Conformance management.
* Experience or knowledge of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, managing MRBs, producing Data Packs & As-Built lists.
* Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks, strong SAP user skills.
* Experience of leading RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and develop robust reventative actions.
* Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001.
* Product and process auditing experience in the defence / aerospace sectors.
* Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing / Vehicle integration / Composites / Machining in the Space, Automotive and / or Defence sectors.
* Trials skills and experience would be advantageous, if not a background in military vehicles or defence would be very suited to this role.
Location of the QA Engineer:
The role will be based in and around the Dorset area for the first 2 years of the role, after that period it will move back up to the Bedfordshire area. Travel package will be included for staying away in Dorset.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a QA Engineer to progress their career.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.