|Location: Telford, Shropshire||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum + + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Quality Assurance Manager
£40,000 to £48,000
Are you looking for new Challenge? Maybe some new exciting projects to work on?
How about working for one of the world's leading defence companies?
Then look no further!
My client provides its customers with a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, manufacturing and maintaining some of their most vital equipment.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will have a major part to play in setting the direction of Quality Assurance strategies for key strategic programmes and campaigns across the business and will directly influence how programmes will deliver outstanding products to time, cost and quality. You will assume responsibility for setting out the future programmes quality strategy, identifying and making cost saving improvements across future programmes and for ensuring that quality is embedded in our flagship delivery programmes through the development of Quality Plans, supporting achievement of a World Class Manufacturing Business.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive pension scheme,
* Enhanced annual leave allowance
* Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
* Flexible working,
* Employee assistance programme,
* Childcare vouchers,
* Local and national employee discounts
Some of the main duties of the Quality Assurance Manager will include:
* Managing the quality function within the future programmes IDT, including roles, responsibilities and competencies in the departments, providing leadership and direction to achieve progress against the future programmes quality strategy and the objectives of the programmes
* Establishing and maintaining appropriate guidance and support on quality policy, including supporting integration of quality measures into future projects throughout the design and manufacture phases
* Identifying process improvement and assessing risk. Proactively support all projects within the Future Programmes IDT and lead the application of corrective measures internally and with suppliers
* Interfacing with the wider business winning team to ensure that future programmes are managed effectively throughout the development cycle from concept through to product build
* Managing relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally and delivering business winning solutions
* Leading a team of quality engineers and inspectors (scope to be determined based on workload)
* Providing assurance that the management system processes approved for use are implemented, effectively deployed, regularly review and utilised as future programs mature in support of delivery and supporting activities
In order to be the successful Quality Assurance Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience of developing quality strategies and implementation of such strategies
* Good knowledge of Quality tools and techniques
* Manufacturing/Engineering background
* Chartered Member of CQI
* Knowledge/experience of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
* Knowledge of ISO9001:2015
* IrCA qualified Lead Auditor or equivalent
* Experience in new product definition, development and introduction Must be eligible for Security Clearance
You need to be eligible for Security Clearence!!!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join a forward thinking organisation and work on some very exciting projects. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!