|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £22000 - £27000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Lead Accreditor needed for a Leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. Who are looking to employ an experienced Quality Inspector who has experience in using predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products. Such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electro-mechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds.
The successful Quality Inspector will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 per annum
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Health insurance coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement savings plan
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Sick and bereavement leave
* Free, on-site flu shots
* Free, confidential, on-site biometric health screenings
What the role entails:
* Uses various measuring devices.
* Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
* Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, pre-set micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists.
* Conduct Verification at Source Inspections at Supplier locations.
* May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
* CofC Awareness,
* use of Inspection Notes, Calibration of gauges and measuring equipment,
* Metrology equipment utilisation
* Goods-In inspection appreciation.
In order to be the successful Quality Inspector and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Some of the main duties of the Quality Inspector will include:
What you need to be the successful Quality Inspector:
* Experience in a similar inspection role within a manufacturing organisation
* A Good understanding of electrical/electronic & mechanical drawings and schematics
* A basic awareness of ESD requirements & Electrical Safety
* A solid understanding of Ohm's Law
* Testing Mil Standard Cable assemblies
* 2 & 4 wire continuity & insulation resistance testing
* Basic experience with PCB's & associated components
* General electrical / electronic & mechanical inspection experience
* A Detailed understanding of first principle methodology
* Experience in Goods-in and Source Release activities
* Involvement within Calibration activities
* Creation of Non Conformance reports and associated Root Cause Analysis.
* Strong SAP user skills
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Inspector to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!