|Location: Ruislip||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor on a major infrastructure project in West London. The Quantity Surveyor will be joining a busy and growing team on this high profile project which includes the construction of large diameter, twin bored tunnels and access shafts, the relocation of existing utilities assets, access roads and retaining walls across the length of the project.
The Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor and taking responsibility for a small portfolio of subcontract packages across the project. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and assessing applications, valuations and cost/value reconciliation
- Managing cost control and forecasting, preparing and providing input to the monthly reports
- Providing support and guidance with regards to risk and value management
- Contract management
- Preparation of supply chain enquiries including negotiations, administration and close out of supply chain contracts
- Ongoing liaison with the site teams, subcontractors and client
- Providing accurate contractual advice to the site/project teams
- Offering support and guidance to junior members of the commercial team
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be offered a role that includes exposure to a high profile, high value and exciting construction project with room for rapid career progression and a generous salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £45,000 to £55,000
- Paid travel costs from home to site
- Matched pension contributions
- BUPA healthcare
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Paid professional membership e.g. RICS, ICES etc.
- Life and accident cover (x3)
- Hybrid working - 3 days on site & 2 days remote
Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previous experience working for a main contractor on a civil engineering, infrastructure or utilities project within the UK. You'll need excellent communication skills, be keen to progress and develop your career and live within a commutable distance of the site near to Uxbridge.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.