|Location: Colchester||Salary: £40000 - £47000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 26 days ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and motivated Quantity Surveyor to join a leading utilities contractor delivering a large-scale water framework from their offices in Basildon or Colchester. Our client is a renowned infrastructure & utilities contractor with a reputation for delivering high-quality infrastructure projects across the water, power, highways and telecoms sectors. They specialise in the development, maintenance and improvement of essential infrastructure systems with a strong commitment to innovation, sustainability and client satisfaction.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will join a dedicated and growing commercial team, taking responsibility for the financial and commercial delivery of projects across our clients network. You'll be working closely with project managers, engineers and stakeholders to ensure accurate cost control, effective contract management and successful project delivery. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare accurate cost estimates, budgets, and forecasts for multiple projects
- Analyze project specifications, drawings, and contractual terms to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Conduct tendering processes, evaluate bids, and negotiate contracts with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Monitor and manage variations, claims, and contract changes to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of cost data, ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Participate in project meetings, providing expert advice on cost-related matters.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress and identify any cost-related issues.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and payment processes.
- Provide regular reports and updates on cost control, financial performance, and project status to senior management.
- A Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or related subject
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the water or similar infrastructure sectors
- Familiarity with the NEC Contract
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate can expect a rewarding and exciting career with continued opportunities for personal development, no limits on career progression with access to a structured career path with clear set goals and targets. My client also offers hybrid working (3 days on site / 2 days remote) and the option to be based from either Basildon or Colchester. You'll also be offered a generous salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £40,000 to £50,000
- £4,800 travel allowance or a company car
- Contributory pension, matched 4%, rising to 7% after 12 months
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
To register your interest in this fantastic opportunity, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today on 01342 330 539.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.