|Location: Richmond||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Neeve Truelove||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Up to £55,000
Quantity Surveyor needed for a leading UK main contractor based in Yorkshire who are looking to employ a well-rounded Quantity Surveyor for a £83 million project.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join an award-winning organisation or for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to take a step up in their career. This great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to take on the role as a commercial lead across a variety of interesting projects. The majority of these projects will be 2 stage design and build across the education and healthcare sectors. Within the role the opportunities for learning and growth are endless. The office will be based in Stockton-On-Tees however the initial project for the first 2 years will be based in Richmond.
- Attend meetings with other stakeholders (if so delegated to do).
- Participate in the settlement of main contract final accounts.
- Draft sub-contracts to the level of responsibility delegated by the individual's supervisor.
- Generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing, and support for all commercial functions.
- Supervise work allocated to Trainee QS or Graduate QS staff.
- Ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection, together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments.
- Be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
- Participate in the recording of delays and the preparation of any request for extensions of time.
- Assist senior staff in the compilation of data to monitor individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Apply a neat and accurate approach in all day-to-day activities and strive to enhance one's own professional capability.
- To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff.
- To participate in pricing variations, design cost control, and value engineering.
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company's Procedures.
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Experience working for a Tier 1 Main Contractor
- Experience of working on 2 stage tender processes from either a cost consultant or contractor background
- Confident in using JCT/NEC suite of contracts
- Commercially astute
- Ability to provide cost management to develop proposals during second stage of two stage tender processes
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- A general appreciation of design, tendering, and construction processes
- Analytical thinking
- Car allowance
- 26 days annual leave
- Professional membership fees
- Defined contribution pension scheme matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Private medical insurance for yourself
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and parental leave
- + many more!!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a successful and growing business. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.