|Location: Warrington||Salary: Benefits Package|
|Sector: Nuclear, Safety||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Radiological Safety Consultant.
Warrington, Oxfordshire or Cumbria (with flexibility around home working).
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits Package.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Safety Consultant who is experienced in Radiological Safety Assessmentsand keen to work on some of the UK's most cutting-edge nuclear projects.
This role is at the forefront of nuclear research & development in the UK and beyond and will give you the chance to work on a wide range of projects that require creative safety support. If you are able to show a track record of technical delivery of projects, the ability to work as part of a team to deliver the right safety case for the project, and have the integrity to ensure that the outcome is safe and fit for purpose then this role would be perfect for you.
The team is a dedicated and hard-working group who are passionate about the work they perform. This role can support working flexibly, can accommodate homeworking, and can be flexible about location.
Some travel will be necessary, to support business needs as you might expect.
- Provide expert knowledge of Radiological Safety Assessment.
- Produce Radiological Safety Assessments to meet project requirements.
- You can provide SQEP safety support to multi-disciplinary teams addressing safety challenges, including support and development of colleagues with less experience.
- Develop good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support bids for new work.
- Contribute to the development of new capabilities through innovative approaches including being involved in complex R&D projects and submissions.
- You will be interested in developing team skills for radiological safety through mentoring and supervision.
- Deliver specialist radiological safety training within the team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent level of demonstrable technical capability in Nuclear / Radiological Safety.
- Experienced in production of radiological safety assessments.
- Proven ability to act independently, under own initiative, while supervising other members of the team
- Strong communication skills, including while remote working.
- Good teamworking skills and attitude.
- Security cleared to at least SC level, or able to achieve.
- Knowledge of advanced assessment techniques
- Some experience in mentoring and developing technical skills.
- Chartered Membership, or working towards, of a professional institution.
- Good networking skills, maintaining network across the radiological field.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.