|Salary: £60.00 - £65.00 per hour
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence
|Contact: Patrick Spurle
RF Microwave Design Engineer
Pay Rate: up to £65p/h - inside
Join our dynamic team and be part of a fast-paced program focused on developing cutting-edge RF seekers. As an RF Microwave Design Engineer, you will contribute to the creation of active mixed signal RF/microwave modules, including transmitters, receivers, and synthesizers. Your enthusiasm and determination are key to delivering high-quality products within required timescales.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the RF Microwave Design Engineer will include:
- Design active mixed signal RF/microwave modules (transmitters, receivers, synthesizers) for RF seekers.
- Collaborate with internal customers and suppliers to develop circuits considering cost, volume constraints, and environmental specifications.
- Prove designs meet requirements by creating and testing to test specifications.
- Provide technical support for existing designs, troubleshoot production failures, and address obsolescence issues.
What experience you need to be the successful RF Microwave Design Engineer:
- Experience in active microwave, RF, and analog circuit design, including simulation and layout using ADS (or similar) design tools.
- Awareness of high-speed digital electronics and FPGA circuit design.
- Ability to perform design proving tests and trials in the laboratory.
- Proficiency in testing and diagnosing hardware problems using standard and specialist test equipment such as VNAs.
- Experience working with electronics design teams to transfer schematics into layouts for mixed signal circuit boards.
- Full understanding of manufacturing techniques and capabilities, including design for manufacture and test.
- Ability to develop IDDs for designs, assess thermal management, and handle component de-rating.
- Understanding and utilization of engineering tools, processes, and procedures to publish designs, record compliance against requirements, and identify/resolve non-conformances.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Java Developer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.