|Salary: £35000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
|Contact: Ian Cowx
|Job Published: 25 days ago
Marine / Defence
Bristol, Preston or Derby based.
£35,000 - £55,000
Military level Security Clearance is required for this role so we are only able to consider UK Passport holders.
We have a new vacancy open for a Safety Engineer to join our clients successful Systems & Safety team to support their defence/military projects in the Marine Systems Engineering domain.
This role will be predominantly based in the Bristol office with occasional travel to clients' sites as required.
An alternate options is available where you could be based from the offices in Preston or Derby if preferred.
This role is available as hybrid working.
As part of the Systems and Safety team, the Safety Engineers will be responsible for the delivery of systems safety support to the business and end clients which will include activities such as:
- Providing safety input to bid, internal/external design review and/or certification related activities
- Guiding the safety programme requirements
- Collation of evidence and deliverables to support product safety argument generation
- Hazard identification & control
- Detailed analyses of complex systems using fault tree methodology
- Production of safety case reports
- System level analyses, integrating multiple sub-system inputs
- Platform loss modelling, integrating multiple system level analyses
- Zonal safety assessments (ZSA)
- Common mode / cause analyses (CMA/CCA)
- Particular risk analyses (PRA)
- Surface ship/submarine systems safety experience
- Hazard Logs and analysis activities including: HAZID, HAZOP, FHA
- Defence Standards e.g. 00-56, 00-55, 00-51, 05-057
- Mil Std e.g. 882E
- Analysis techniques such as: FTA, ETA, FMEA, FMES
- Production of safety documentation such as PSSA, SSA, PRA etc.
- ARP4754 System Design Process
- ARP4761 Safety analysis
- DO178B/DO254 Software/Hardware design
- International standards e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62368
- The ability to lead activities within a team, work package creation, management, and delivery
- The personal qualities of the candidates will be key to success in this role which demands a self-motivated attitude, a professional approach, and good organisational skills.
Candidates should be able to identify with the characteristics and qualities detailed below:
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work independently when required, and the organisation and drive to follow defined processes through to a successful outcome
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people
- The confidence to question practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.