|Location: Corsham, Wiltshire||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
£30,000 - £45,000 + Benefits Package
Defence, Aerospace, Rail, ATM.
SC Level security clearance required.
We have a great opportunity with a highly specialist Safety Engineering consultancy for a Safety Engineer to work in their Wiltshire office.
We are seeking professional, inspirational and dedicated Safety Engineers who are capable of providing knowledge and ideas into an existing team of experienced and innovative Engineering Teams.
You will work in a number of engineering domains including defence, aviation, rail and air traffic management. There are opportunities to manage or contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations and covering all aspects of safety analysis, management, reporting and certification.
A successful candidate will have 3-5 years' engineering experience including functional Safety Engineering, development of Safety Plans, and generation of work compliant with the principles of Safety Management Systems, Safety Regulatory Frameworks and Safety Engineering Principles. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading tasks and managing smaller projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Identifying and creating evidence to support system assurance using safety related activities on to support the traceability of the system safety requirements to the implementation and
- Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and
- Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and
- Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary with regard to
- Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
- Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and
- Participating in audits conducted by internal and external
- Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
- High level of drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
- Flexible and positive
Excellent report writing skills.