|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Safety, Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
2 x Safety Engineers
Crawley / Gatwick / Redhill / Horsham / Brighton commutable
£40,000 - £45,000 + Excellent benefits (great pension, 25 days hol, canteen, Gym etc)
These new roles are with a successful medical device manufacturer that pioneers significant innovations and clinical solutions. They provide highly complex systems comprising both software and electro-mechanical equipment that improve, prolong and save lives worldwide.
What a great thing to contribute towards !
The Safety Engineer ensures that the safety process is applied effectively to the projects, they provide a co-ordinating and facilitating role to ensure safety tasks on the project are completed and that safety engineering is central to all the teams' activities.
Successful applicants will either have experience in the medical devices field or another safety critical environment such as Petro-chemical, defence, aerospace, rail or nuclear power.
- Planning safety engineering activities for a project in compliance with the companies established safety processes
- Performing and facilitating safety analysis of concept designs in a multi-discipline group to influence early design decisions
- Performing, facilitating and reviewing detailed design hazard analyses to identify and record hazards, causes, risk levels, and risk reduction methods
- Preparation of a Safety Case that argues the risk from a product is acceptably low
- Performing risk assessment on problems and making recommendations for appropriate action.
- Monitoring changes in safety standards, and using knowledge of best practices to improve the safety engineering processes within the team and company.
- Delivering training to non-safety personnel on risk assessment processes and hazard identification techniques
- Safety policy and principals, Safety Risk Management lifecycle process, hazard identfiication techniques including FMEA and FTA, Usability principles and procedures.
- Safety case creation and management
- Applying Safety methods as part of a product development team in a safety critical industry.
- Creating risk assessments on hardware or software and at the system level; report writing; document reviews; design reviews
This role and company are perfect for ambitious Safety Engineers that enjoy interacting with others, we are very focussed on finding a strong personality fit as much as the technical aspects of a Safety Engineers experience.
If you are a Safety Engineer with 1 year or more of post graduate experience we would love to hear from you and talk about these exciting new roles. Please get in touch today for all the details !