|Location: Corsham, Wiltshire||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
2 x Safety Engineer
£40,000 - £60,000 dependant on your experience.
We are looking for 2 Safety Engineers ideally with a Defence background to worki in an experienced Defence Safety Engineering team.
This client specialises in a number of engineering domains including defence, aviation, rail and air traffic management.
You will be responsible for applying specialist maritime technical expertise, with the ability to provide expert advice, analysis, guidance, decision making and using your leadership skills to solve highly complex
solutions within our Defence Business Unit.
You will possess excellent report writing skills, striving for the highest quality standards, with focus on service delivery and exceeding expectations.
* Taking ownership of Safety Engineering tasks, managing and delivering technical maritime projects
* Undertaking safety engineering activities, in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS)
* Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified
* Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.)
* Ensuring that all outputs are to the required standard and have been appropriately reviewed and approved
* Communicating with and working with the client to ensure that the contracted scope of work is delivered and that variations are flagged to the business
* Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours
* Supporting the business in contributing to, writing and managing bids
* Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget
* 5+ years' experience in the Maritime Defence industry in a safety related role
* Maritime Defence exposure either via the Royal Navy/Royal Fleet Auxiliary or DE&S/SDA
* Supporting successful delivery of Maritime Defence projects on time and to budget.
* Competent practitioner in the tools and techniques needed to deliver their specialism
Skills and Knowledge:
* An extensive understanding of the Defence Maritime Regulator (DMR) business and its responsibilities for
Maritime safety management, as part of the Defence Safety Authority (DSA)
* Experience in ship/submarine design and construction, marine propulsion and auxiliary systems or combat
* An interest in naval architecture, electrical / electronic engineering.
* Demonstrable understanding of Legislation, Regulation and Standards Compliance in accordance with MOD
Shipping Regulations, Ship Class Certification Rules, ANEP-77 Naval Ship Code, MARPOL etc.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Naval Authority Certification for Key Hazard Areas as applicable to MOD Shipping
including both surface and submarine vessels
* Proven ability to establish/maintain Maritime safety related evidence artefacts such as Hazard Logs and
Safety Assessment Reports in support of ALARP determinations