|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + Dep on Experience|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
£30,000 up to £45,000 dependant entirely on experience
Based near Gatwick Aiport, commutable from South London / Croydon / Brighton / Horsham / Reigate / Sutton / Epsom / East Grinstead / Tunbridge Wells.
Safety assessment is a key part of the development processes for a range of products which involve radiation, high voltages, moving machinery, and many interconnecting software devices.
A changing regulatory landscape within medical devices is driving increased emphasis on both functional safety analysis and safety related usability assessment.
This position exists due to our clients desire to strengthen the safety department with additional Safety Engineering expertise.
The Safety Engineer ensures that the safety process is applied effectively to the project. The Safety Engineer provides a co-ordinating and facilitating role to ensure safety tasks on the project are completed and that safety is central to all the teams' activities. While the Safety Engineer shares responsibility for safety with the project team, the Safety Engineer's expertise on safety related matters is expected to take the lead in the group producing safe products.
Successful applicants will be able to bring experience of conducting risk assessments from a safety critical industry.
- Planning safety activities for projects in compliance with the companies safety process
- Performing and facilitating safety analysis of concept designs in a multi-discipline group to influence early design decisions
- Performing, facilitating and reviewing detailed design hazard analyses to identify and record hazards, causes, risk levels, and risk reduction methods
- Preparation of a safety case that argues whether the risk from a product is acceptably low
- Safety policy and principals, Safety Risk Management lifecycle process, hazard identfiication techniques including FMEA and FTA, Usability principles and procedures.
- Applying Safety methods as part of a product development team in a safety critical industry. Creating risk assessments on hardware or software and at the system level; report writing; document reviews; design reviews
Please get in touch today to have a confidential chat and find out more about this excellent opportunity.