|Location: Cambridge||Salary: £15 - £18 per hour|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery, Life Sciences||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Sample Preparation Technician
6 Month Contract
Sample Preparation Technician needed for a leading multinational pharmaceutical organisation based in Cambridge who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Sample Preparation Technician who takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree or equivalent experience, with proven experience within a laboratory environment (either BSL1 or BSL2). If you have experience working to ISO15189 medical lab standards this is a plus!
Standard hours will be Tuesday to Saturday 8am - 4pm but all applicants must be happy to work between 6am to 3am if required to cover shift work and support the night shift (uplifted rate for hours worked outside of 8am - 6pm).
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Sample Preparation Technician will include:
- The removal of specimen transport tubes from kit packaging according to the safety guidelines outlined in COVID-19 Specimen Receiving SOP, while using necessary PPE.
- Identifying samples that may be compromised or do not meet established acceptability criteria according to defined processes and procedures will also be a critical part of this role (e.g. not accurately labelled, open tubes, empty tubes etc).
- Personnel in this position will sort samples as needed into racks, pipette samples into 96 well plates, complete viral inactivation steps and enter required information in a LIMS system.
What experience you need to be the successful Sample Preparation Technician:
- Work in BSL2 lab with previous experience of aseptic technique preferred.
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
- Work with samples which may contain SARS-Cov-2.
- Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all samples
- Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organisational team.
- Rigorously following SOPs.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Sample Preparation Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.