|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 18 days ago|
My client is a biotechnology company developing RNA medicines for chronic liver disease. They are uncovering new biological pathways by using advances in deep phenotyping. The company is built on over 15 years experience in liver genomics.
- To execute on the in vitro and ex vivo programmes at Ochre Bio. There is also scope to develop new technologies/pipelines that work towards our overall aims but our current focus includes:
. Target validation in complex primary cell models of cellular and metabolic stress
. Mechanism of action studies using RNAseq and drug interactions
. Lead development of our siRNA therapeutics
- To assist the scientific team to assemble the data packages for our lead therapies as we move into our next round of funding.
- To help with the smooth running of the lab (good record keeping, tidiness, teamwork)
- Whilst not needed for this post, learning and developing expertise in R-based data analysis will be a requirement for future progression, and will be actively encouraged.
- PhD in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience with cellular models using sterile technique
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work and record keeping
- Self-motivated, technically competent and capable of working independently within the laboratory
- Ability to adapt to changing demands whilst working within a team to tight deadlines
- Data analysis, formatting and presentation skills
- Computing skills in packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and/or GSuite
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- High-level of attention to detail
- Experience of working with primary cell
- Background in metabolism
- R-based data analysis
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.