|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £35000 - £43000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Senior Airworthiness Engineer
Senior Airworthiness Engineer needed for a technology leading aviation company based near Milton Keynes who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Airworthiness Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of airworthiness documentation.
Within this role, as the Senior Airworthiness Engineer, you will support the Chief of Office of Airworthiness, and the Deputy, in the production of design airworthiness documentation, and the coordination of Office of Airworthiness activities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Airworthiness Engineer will include:
- Produce written certification documentation, supporting the approval of modifications and repairs to civil and military aircraft
- Compilation of classification forms and compliance matrices against the applicable requirements for each project.
- Production of basic technical publication supplements, where required.
- Lead work packages for defined certification programmes, including certification planning and compliance demonstrations, with responsibility for delivery to time, quality and budget.
- Working with and supervising other team members as appropriate to ensure overall project delivery.
- Working with team members and CVE's to produce safety assessments as required for the projects.
- Liaise with customers and the airworthiness authorities as required.
- To act as lead airworthiness engineer on selected projects as required, taking responsibility for development of customer relationship and supporting the acquisition of follow-on business.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Office of Airworthiness with regard to showing compliance with the regulations prior to certification.
- Coordinate periodic Office of Airworthiness meetings, co-ordinate the preparation of material and producing minutes for these.
- Regular check for changes to the civil and military airworthiness requirements and disseminate these to the design team and CVE's.
- Interact effectively with all members of design and airworthiness teams.
- Check sign airworthiness documents, within the scope defined in document CA/DD/Me046.
- Ensure that all the work performed is in accordance with company procedures, processes and standards.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Line Manager
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Airworthiness Engineer:
- Proven experience within the initial concept area of airworthiness
- Strong communication skills
- Background within aviation (civil or military)
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Airworthiness Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.