|Location: London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Senior Business Development Manager
Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Competitive Salary + Car/car allowance + 20% bonus every year
Travel required but all costs will be accounted for
RAIL PART OF BUSINESS
Raynesway / Canary Wharf / Other Location is flexible, role will involve UK and international travel
About the Senior Business Development Manager role:
Have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager to join our Rail team to work at a location convenient to the successful candidate.
Role Purpose for the Business Development Manager:
To take ownership of and improve the quality (cash, profit, risk) of the company order book, within existing and new markets, by identifying and delivering a winnable pipeline of opportunities.
To take ownership and lead all pre contract business development activities in OBB improving the quality (cash, profit, risk) of the order book, within existing and new markets.
Liaise with Central Work Winning BD team supporting development of technology offerings to the wider rail market.
What the successful Senior Business Development Manager will be doing:
- As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Accountable for order book development; pipeline management and customer relationships specifically delivering measurable improvement in future order quality (in terms of risk, profit and cash) for Design and Engineering - Rail;
- Measurably increase tender return on investment by: understanding customer hot buttons and developing win themes and strategies;
- Optimising win rate probability ahead of ITT by carrying out initial positioning and capture activity; specifically, for OBB innovative technology offers;
- Understanding market, customer and competitor trends, and identifying a pipeline of winnable opportunities;
- Making early bid/no-bid recommendations;
- Ensuring that OBB adopts, levers value from and meets Group expectations for CRM.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Innovative technology background;
- Proven track record of identifying technology opportunities and leading solution development;
- Knowledge and skills associated with business development best practice;
- Influencing and persuasion skills;
- Project management and organisational skills;
- Market trend mapping.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.