|Location: Enfield||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Senior Buyer needed for a highly reputable Defence organisation based in North London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Buyer that will be expected to strengthen the current skill base within Procurement to maximise on profit and cash flow by providing a lead role in the purchase of strategic commodities and facilities. Also to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff in the department.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Buyer will include:
- Procurement of assigned key and strategic commodities of materials to meet the Manufacturing Programme at best value and to the given quality levels
- Maintain a balanced level of inventory against the Manufacturing Programme
- Meeting the make-to-order requirements of the Operations Business whilst minimising inventory exposure use of supplier owned consignment stock
- Identify and recommend global sourcing opportunities
- Contribute to and provide leadership in value streaming improvement programmes as required.
- Contribute to new product introduction projects as required
- Providing support and advice to other members of Procurement team relating to best practice of the Procurement activity
- Any other tasks associated with this role as required by the needs of the procurement and logistics manager.
- Negotiate various site facility contracts on an annual basis and to budget.
- Meet all KPI's set for the department by the manager in terms of on time delivery, MPV and PPV.
- To be fully aware at all times of the commodity costs and values of base materials and currencies.
- Benchmark all suppliers at least once per annum to ensure best cost.
- Be fully aware of the difference between price and cost.
- Build relationships with our approved supply chain.
- Identify, qualify and recommend alternative suppliers for commodities for which you have responsibility.
- Work closely with the quality and supplier development team to ensure 100% quality of procured goods and services.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Buyer:
- The jobholder will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular, Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- It also places a duty on employees to cooperate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable their duties to be complied with including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Failure to comply with this duty may result in the Company invoking the disciplinary procedure.
- HNC or equivalent in business related subject
- CIPS membership or studying for CIPS membership is desirable
- Experience within a purchasing role at Senior Buyer level
- Demonstrate experience of MRP, kanban, contract law, negotiation and working within a change culture organisation
- Demonstrate experience of working within teams
- Very good communication skills
- Has a "can do" attitude to solving problems
- Possesses drive, initiative and flair in order to anticipate and take appropriate action to maximise profit and cash
- Possesses the desire to recommend and implement change within the supply chain
- Willingness to travel on company business both in the UK and abroad at short notice.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Senior Buyer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.