|Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria||Salary: £31000 - £36000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Technology, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure, Design||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Senior CAD Technician
Whitehaven - The role is based in offices in Whitehaven. However, as Sellafield is a working site it is expected that you will spend a portion of your time on site and at Warrington as required by the projects, with travel to other offices as required.
Salary £31,000 - £36,000
About the CAD Technician position:
For this position you will be working for a company who is known as an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists.
About the Senior CAD Technician Role:
* We are looking for a proactive Civil Engineering Technician to assist in delivering projects and bringing fresh ideas to enhance the way they work.
* Due to the number of people and parties they engage and coordinate with, excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
* The successful candidate will need excellent team working skills and have some experience delegating to colleagues and assisting with the training of apprentices.
* Reporting to the Civil and Structural Team Leader you will be an integral member within this close-knit, multi-disciplinary core team that interacts with the wider team of over 75 staff.
* The core skills within the group are infrastructure design across a range of water, drainage, roads and civil structural projects. They are involved in projects from master planning and feasibility through to detailed design and are required to support the site team during the construction period.
* You will be working within their team to develop design reports, calculations and drawings to convey the project design to the site team.
* They work closely with a number of our regional offices (Leeds, Manchester York, Newcastle & Glasgow) and you will be expected to travel to meet them and to assist with managing their involvement in our projects.
* You will be committed to your own professional development ideally by working towards, or have already achieved, an appropriate chartership.
Requirement & Skills for the Senior CAD Technician Role:
* BIM, including use of Civil 3D and/ or Revit
* Microsoft Office including Excel
* General excellent computer literacy
* Digital design tools, Owning and delivering civil engineering design packages
* Manage own workload and workload of others to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to quality standards.
* Preparation of specifications.
* Able to work with internal and external clients to agree mutually agreeable outcomes.
* Experience of working within a regulated and quality assured system
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
* Tedds or similar structural packages
* Knowledge of Cimage
* It is an essential requirement of the role that you are eligible for, and obtain, relevant security clearance. You will be supported in your applications for this.
The role holder will be required to obtain the following clearances:
* Basic Clearance
* P4 Pass
Reward and Benefits:
* A competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in the civil engineering sector.
* Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
* Core benefits are funded by the business and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
* You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.