|Location: Horsham||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Simon Kiely||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Senior Cloud Support Engineer
Horsham, West Sussex - with Flexible working from home
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + Benefits
Senior Cloud Support Engineer needed for a leading organisation based in Horsham, West Sussex, who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Cloud Support Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure in Azure, OO coding practices around .NET code, build & deployment pipelines, Octopus, configuration management and infrastructure as code tools such as Puppet and Terraform.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Cloud Support Engineer will include:
Supporting the scrum teams for:
* Working through our Train Support Service Desk, you are ensuring that the team and you are staying on top of requests coming in
* Any build or deployment issues they may be having across our toolchain of Azure, Teamcity, Puppet, Terraform & Octopus Deploy.
* Production release deployments
* Troubleshooting user problems in a timely and accurate fashion and providing end user training and assistance where required.
* Proactively monitor the Dev environments for any issues, whether that be application or infrastructure issues.
* Identify areas of self service for scrum teams and build out Octopus or Puppet runbooks that further enable the teams.
Working with the DevOps team on:
* Identifying bottlenecks in the deployment pipelines and processes.
* Building a monitoring / notification system for the DevOps tool chain so we can proactively monitor the status and performance of the pipelines.
Working actively on our Azure estate and networking.
In order to be the successful Senior Cloud Support Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* 3-4 years experience in cloud infrastructure in Azure, as required by the company and developers.
* 2-3 years experience of working with OO coding practices, ideally around .Net code and asses the aspect that effect the build and deployment processes.
* 1-2 years experience in building and have implemented, using best industry standards, "build and deployment" pipelines. Experience with Octopus would be highly desirable.
* Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools such as Puppet and Terraform.
* Help with providing of education to developers on build and deployment operations.
* Experience in monitor server and application system monitoring
* Experience in compliance with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help maintain the IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Cloud Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.