|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Senior Commercial Officer
Senior Commercial Officer required to join a globally established Aerospace / Defence company in the area of Cheltenham. The main purpose of the Senior Commercial Officer is to actively support the winning and delivery of profitable business and provide advice, support and governance to the business at all levels by ensuring the company contracts with suppliers and customers on terms that protect the commercial interests of the business.
On offer for the Senior Commercial Officer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Support contract formalisation including Long Term Agreements - developing, issuing and negotiating contracts with customers and suppliers
- Support the preparation and timely submission of bids and proposals ensuring commercial integrity and compliance with all applicable company group and policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for responding and leading the commercial aspects
- Process requests for customer or supplier contract variations via the use of a change control process; create letters or formal documentation for contract termination, extension and remediation
- Support major sub-contracts and/or commercial aspects of proposals and contracts at internal bid reviews and contract launches, to all levels of seniority, ensuring that the contractual obligations are known, understood and are being addressed
- Assist with the identification of contractual risk, develop and implement effective mitigation strategies and actions and report the risk and progress with mitigation strategies internally
- Support the drafting, review and negotiation of agreements including, but not limited to NDAs/PIAs, MoUs, LTAs, Sub-contracts, Supplier Agreements and customer Agreements.
- Effective day-to-day management of LTAs, sub-contracts and customer contracts and agreements, including liaison and relationship management on contractual matters including claims.
- Database management uploading documents, creating new records for contracts and services and calculating VoP
- Liaison with the Export Control teams to ensure compliance with regulation
- Some overseas travel may be required
The Senior Commercial Officer will need to be able to cover some of the following:
- Degree educated in a business or legal related subject is essential. Post-graduation certifications (such as CIPS or IACCM) desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in the defence or a related technology industry
- International experience is desirable
- Eligibility for Security Clearance
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.