|Location: London, Greater London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Bentman||Job Published: 27 days ago|
An ambitious software development company requires a Senior Data Scientist with a passion for the development of practical usable applications. The successful candidate will lead a new project team on a 6-month rolling or permanent contract. The project team will work on the development of an innovative enhanced convolutional neural network based on a proprietary approach already developed by the company with the potential for a wide variety of applications, but initially on a project for a defence industry partner.
The novel enhanced CNN system will be a core component of a range of future products bridging the performance gap between existing CNN-based solutions and the future Spiking Neural Network (SNN) solutions being developed by our Research team. Enhanced CNNs will solve existing customer problems in computer vision and object recognition and will, over time, integrate additional enhancements derived from our SNN and other neuroscience inspired research.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant, academic team with the chance to work on the cutting edge of research. When you submit your code, you'll be able to see the results of your efforts through your impact on product development and the growth of key customer relationships.
- Strong experience in C/C++ or Python
- Strong experience in Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Able to create and explain own customised solutions for specific problems such as customised networks, loss functions, optimisers, metrics.
- Able to discuss and apply latest state-of-art deep learning/computer vision papers.
- Product experience in CNN application.
- Proven ability architecting and scaling high quality, practical and reliable software.
- Strong academic background; PhD in computer vision / machine learning. Papers in top CV conferences.
- Leadership/Team Management skills.
- Familiarity with Blender or Unity.
- 3D image reconstruction experience.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.