|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Senior Configuration Analyst
Senior Configuration analyst needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Configuration Analyst who has great experience within a Manufacturing environment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Configuration Analyst will include:
- Ensures the timely creation of As-Built Records for retrospective uplift work, including evidencing the embodiment of Change and closure of Concessions.
- Tracks and reports on the configuration of the As-Built standard of manufactured assemblies in accordance with business processes and contractual requirements in preparation for delivery to the customer.
- Supports the PCA's and any incremental audits as required.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- Manages the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with business processes.
- Chair the Manufacturing Configuration Control Boards (MCCB).
- Coordinates the detailing of the Impact Assessment in relation to Engineering changes into the MCCB.
- Provides feedback to Engineering on required changes to the engineering baseline.
- Reviews the business processes for Manufacturing change to ensure applicability is maintained within area of responsibility.
- Provides the training for any manufacturing configuration systems and procedures across Operations when required.
What you need to be the successful Senior Configuration Analyst:
In order to be the successful Senior Configuration Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of As Built list generation (either manually or in ERP) within an Operational environment.
- A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support within a Programme environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP, Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- Strong communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- An independent thinker, able to take on the role of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to maintain the key requirements of Manufacturing Configuration.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance.
- Experience of SAP/Windchill or similar tool.
- Strong Leadership skills
- A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
- Experience in activities & techniques relating to the introduction of new products (NPI).
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) or relevant experience.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Configuration Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.