|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Senior Configuration Specialist
A Senior Configuration Specialist needed for a leading aerospace and defence company, who are based in Dorset. My client is known as the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, they help their customers increase the safety and mission capabilities for extreme environments.
They are looking to employ an experienced Senior Configuration Specialist who has good knowledge and experience in Aerospace Configuration Management, and an HNC or Equivalent in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or the equivalent.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Configuration Specialist will include:
- Progress Design Configuration elements of a project in order to help ensure a compliant design solution. Create project DEVADCL, ADCL's. Monitor design and build standards to ensure configuration control.
- Monitor and approve NCR's, Stop Notes and drawing release paperwork.
- Provide functional guidance on Configuration to the Project Teams (IPTs)
- Support Engineering, QA, Manufacturing and Supply Chain with controlled document distribution and change implementation. Inc. NCR and Stop note approvals.
- Support FCA/PCA Customer audits.
- Ensure compliance of drawings to FRL configuration control processes.
- Communicate Configuration Management decisions across all Engineering Departments throughout the Organisation and help develop inter departmental CM methodologies.
What you need to be the successful Senior Configuration Specialist:
In order to be the successful Senior Configuration Specialist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC or Equivalent in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering and Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship preferred.
- Experience with Pro-E Creo an advantage.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- SmarTeam experience an advantage.
- Experience of Drawing Office Practices, Procedures, and checking of engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge and experience in Aerospace Configuration Management (eg. Mil-Std-973 DEFSTAN 05-57 ISO 9000:2000).
Benefits on offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance,
- Holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Configuration Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Senior Configuration Specialist role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.