|Location: Barrow-in-Furness District, Cumbria, England||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Senior Consultant (Secondary Propulsion & Nuclear)
As a Senior Consultant, you will be working within the Engineering Product Assurance Department (EPAD), reporting to the Principal Engineering Manager. EPAD are a multi-disciplinary team that operate in the fields of Product Assurance, providing an appropriate level of independent assurance to ensure that the design intent has been maintained, meets the stated contract requirements, Is safe to operate, and compliant with statutory legal and regulatory requirements.
This role will provide you with future career progression opportunities including development into Senior Engineering Management positions.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Consultant (Secondary Propulsion and Nuclear) will involve:
- Providing assurance that sufficient claim, argument and evidence has been recorded, configured, evidenced and has completed agreed due processes to justify that products assembled or manufactured by Submarines can provide and maintain adequate power to sustain and propel vessels during normal, emergency and abnormal activities to enable a risk of harm to operators, third parties and the Environment to be ALARP
- Gaining assurance that all Operational Documentation (OpDoc) is appropriately authorised and is in accordance with the relevant safety justifications
- Using sound engineering judgement and SQEP, managing the allocation of suitable assurance resource to support programme design reviews and engineering assurance taskings and investigations
- Liaising with both internal and external customers as required, giving assurance that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated, where appropriate and agreed
- Technical report writing and presenting points in meetings as well as performing technical assessments, where needed
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Consultant (Secondary Propulsion and Nuclear):
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience within Mechanical or Electrical discipline
- Sound technical/ hands-on engineering knowledge in either mechanical or electrical area, with an understanding of design principles and maturity management
- Engineering lifecycle management experience
- Leadership experience
- Nuclear (or other high hazard) industry experience
- Membership of a recognised engineering institution, and ideally Charted Engineer status
If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.