|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 4 days ago|
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Salary: Depending on Experience + Package
Key Skills: Design, Mechanical, Industrial, Catia V5, CAD, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, MRP, LEAN, 5S, Manufacturing, Stress Calculations, 3D, 2D, ISO9001
An experienced Senior Design Engineer is required to play a key role in being the technical authority and mentor to a team of engineers in an R&D environment, working to ISO9001 accreditation.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Senior Design Engineer?
- Produce 3D and 2D CAD of parts and assemblies using Catia V5
- Reporting using FEA, FMEA, design calculations and part certification
- Support manufacture of wind tunnel test subject components, sub-assemblies and associated rigs
- Complete load and stress calculations leading to taking responsibility for part and material spec
- Design for manufacture (Inc. 5-axis machining, instrumentation and sensor requirements)
- Contribute to and on occasion lead project launch, design review and project wash-up meetings
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Observe ARA Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures
- Regular communication with team members, suppliers, customers and other internal departments
What are we looking for in our next Senior Design Engineer?
- Qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a Technical discipline
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Design engineer
- Have demonstrable knowledge of GD&T, FEA, DFMEA and stress calculation
- Able to work individually and as part of a team keeping projects within budget and to project schedule
- Be highly CAD proficient - Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCAD
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of supporting and developing less experienced engineers as well as supporting supervisors and line management
- Be familiar with 6 Sigma specifically experience of 5S and LEAN manufacturing principals
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Senior Design Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Senior Design Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.