|Location: London, Greater London, England||Salary: £120000 - £150000 per annum + Competitive Benefits & Bonus Package|
|Sector: Real Estate||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Oliver Jones|
Senior Director, Design & Construction, London
Negotiable Salary Expected to be in the region of £120,000 - £150,000 + Comp
The role of Senior Director of Design & Construction will be based in London and the successful candidate will report directly in to the Head of the UK and Europe.
As a Senior Director of Design & Construction you will be accountable for large-scale construction projects across the UK.
Responsible for leading and facilitating all aspects of the design and construction process and will be accountable for the team delivering projects on time, on budget and within pre-established quality parameters, whilst also supporting the acquisition team in due diligence work for new opportunities.
- Lead preconstruction and construction processes for all projects, including:
- Overseeing project set up and communication to all teams (internal or external)
- Retaining, contracting, and managing all consultants
- Preliminary budgeting
- Management of all necessary approval processes (internal and external)
- Directing the bidding and purchasing of major components
- Creating and monitoring control systems for cost estimates, budgets, schedules, contractor draws, change orders, quality control, value engineering, progress reports and variance analyses.
- Manage the coordination of architectural and engineering disciplines as well as the functions of estimating, budgeting, contracting, scheduling, bidding, negotiating, purchasing, and value engineering.
- Interface with architects, engineers, contractors, municipal officials, financial institutions, and all others necessary for the implementation of design and construction.
- Monitor project construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design, and construction methodology as well as assist in the selection and recommendation of trades and purchase of major building materials / components through the Construction Manager.
- Provide input to the origination of development, construction, and design concepts during pre-development stages for future assigned projects.
- Oversee the process of selection of all design consultants and other professionals.
- Motivate, direct, and manage the Construction Manager and construction team, including architects, engineers and contractors.
- Interface with clients and client consultants.
- Identify, evaluate, disseminate, and utilize new construction technology, in addition to providing leadership to the process of value-engineering.
- Oversee the internal and external project teams.
- Control and monitor annual work pipeline for the UK.
- Mentor construction and project managers to ensure development of industry relationships, internal culture, and provide overall assistance with work flow development and training.
- Create and monitor control systems for cost estimates, budgets, schedule, contractor draws, change orders, quality control, value engineering, progress reports and variance analyses.
- Identify, evaluate and disseminate new construction technology, in addition to providing the total leadership to the process of value-engineering.
Experience / Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent.
- Over ten years of significant achievement as a successful Construction Project Manager of office and residential buildings with some exposure to the business aspects of the development process.
- Experience with commercial ground-up development projects, fit-outs and renovations of existing structures.
- Strong ability to create, implement, and monitor all construction schedules and control systems, policies, procedures, systems and standards.
- Possess skills and understanding in financial controls with a bottom-line profit orientation.
- Experience leading a team or staff of 5-10 people.
- Deep familiarity and experience with the London market is preferred.
- Ability to "think like an owner" and inspire the confidence of the executive management team.
- "Hands-On" orientation with strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills to provide clear direction.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.