|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Electrical Design Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Electrical Design Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Senior Electrical Design Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has experience in the design of HV and LV electrical systems, ideally already within a maritime defence engineering environment, although we welcome applicants from wider sectors with relevant transferrable skills.
Employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
What the role of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer will include:
- Designing and developing solutions, resolving engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to the electrical elements of the power and propulsion systems
- Providing technical guidance to others on electrical engineering matters
- Assisting in the production of estimates and design requirement specifications
- Presenting technical reviews, verifying and checking engineering designs
- Articulating, defining and documenting subject expertise, approaches and standards in order to extend business knowledge base
- Supporting junior team members, to enhance skills and competencies, such that technical capability objectives are fully achieved
- Supporting the embodiment of solutions on board vessels, working with other departments and OEMs.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Electrical Design Engineer:
- Degree level qualification in relevant electrical/engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership
- Experience in the design and development of Naval Platform Management Systems, HV, and LV electrical systems
- Experience of managing subcontractors/suppliers, and demonstrable commercial awareness
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.