|Location: Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer needed for an industry leading Defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the design and development of electrical engineering solutions (ideally with naval platform systems), previous experience in HV and LV electrical systems and the Maritime/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Electrical Engineer will include:
- Designing and developing solutions, resolving engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to the electrical elements of the power and propulsion systems
- Providing technical guidance to others on electrical engineering matters
- Assisting in the production of estimates and design requirement specifications
- Presenting technical reviews, verifying and checking engineering designs
- Articulating, defining and documenting subject expertise, approaches and standards in order to extend business knowledge base
- Supporting junior team members, to enhance skills and competencies, such that technical capability objectives are fully achieved
- Supporting the embodiment of solutions on board vessels, working with other departments and OEMs.
What you need to be the successful Senior Electrical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Electrical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree level qualification in relevant electrical/engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership
- Experience in the design and development of Naval Platform Management Systems, HV, and LV electrical systems
- Experience of managing subcontractors/suppliers, and demonstrable commercial awareness
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Senior Electrical Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.