|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Senior Electronics Design Engineer
Portsmouth + Hybrid Working
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Key Skills: Design, Electronics, PCB, PLD, Electrical Engineering, EMC, Digital, Verification, Integration
Senior Electronics Design Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Electronics Design Engineer that takes pride in their work.
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This role will provide you with opportunity to be part of multi-layered electronic systems development for use in a defence environment and develop your career.
What the role of the Senior Electronics Design Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Electronics Design Engineer will include:
- Carrying out detailed electronic circuit design including component selection, evaluation, simulation, schematic capture, and preparing guidance for PCB (Printed Circuit boards) design teams
- Specification of bespoke procured hardware
- Completing design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques including support to EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) test houses and customer installations
- Interfacing with related disciplines including EMC, systems engineering, mechanical/thermal engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Safety, Product Data Management, and manufacturing areas
- Working with embedded software and PLD (Programmable Logic Device) engineers
- Supporting system integration activities
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Electronics Design Engineer:
- A degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or a strongly related subject
- Experience of generating component level designs for introduction into volume production
- Significant experience in board-level analogue design including op-amps, transistor-level design
- Significant experience in board-level digital design including processor interfacing, memory devices, PLD interfacing, UARTs, SPI, I2C, Ethernet and ADC/DAC devices and techniques
- Experience of design proving, integration, and defect resolution
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.