|Location: Suffolk||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Senior Firmware Engineer
Excellent opportunity to work join oneof Europes fastes growing companies and work on developing their products along with your career.
To lead development of firmware on the next generation AC charging stations (EVSEs). Hands-on development, with embedded software team management.
- Testing & development of firmware, with team members & partners.
- Assisting with the New Product Introduction (NPI) processes for smooth transition to production
- Set up and operation of a firmware development architecture. To include;
o Setting up of source code version control
o Build machines
o Testing practices and tools e.g. automated unit or functional testing
o Development of coding standards
o Team management - internal teammates & partners/contractors
- Improving the quality of the legacy code to meet standards in next generation firmware.
- Assisting in the architecture of new products, especially around security & scalability.
- Own working processes with design & manufacturing partners on firmware development, and ensure stable manufacturing processes in regards to firmware/embedded testing.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Technical Skills
o Expert C & Python coder; to MISRA standards
o Cross compilers, JTAG debugging, SPI/I2C, UART, DMA, ADC, PWM
o Bare metal vs RTOS (e.g. FreeRTOS, CMSIS RTOS)
o Writing and debugging ISRs, single/multi core, ARM/PIC/ESP32/SAM4C
o Bluetooth, LoRaWAN, GSM, NFC
o Agile/Azure DevOPs/GIT/Linux/Docker/Jenkins
o Experience in EVSE development, IoT, and/or related smart energy control systems
o Experience in diagnosing customer + manufacturing issues & producing appropriate fixes
o Experience in design of complex systems and appropriate documentation (e.g. UML)
o Experience in X509 certificates and relevant security standards such as TLS
o Good understanding of IT networks and architecture (IP addressing, ports, firewalls etc)
o Electrical experience e.g. mains 240V and three phase theory.
- Personal Skills
o Good communications skills with ability to easily and clearly communicate with engineers, managers and customers
o Methodical nature with an appreciation of good documentation
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.