|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Engineering Technician needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Engineering Technician who will be the first point of contract for customers operators and suppliers, whilst providing hands-on support to installation, testing and qualification of complex systems.
The successful Engineering Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 day's holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private Health Care
- Dental Care
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Engineering Technician will include:
- Sharing practical know-how and expertise with the broader engineering team.
- Assisting with the development of new maintenance and test procedures.
- Provide assistance to the Field Support Engineers and Through Life Engineers in installation/removal, fitting, implementation/manufacturing and configuration activities on-board Royal Navy vessels and within the engineering laboratories.
- Undertaking inspections and preventative maintenance to ensure that equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service.
- Receive enquiries and support calls from customer operators and maintainers and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure those requests receive timely and complete responses.
- Utilising general purpose and specialist test equipment and tooling to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Coordinating maintenance and technical activities with suppliers.
- Providing regular progress reports to the relevant Project Engineering Lead, as well as Line Management.
What you need to be the successful Engineering Technician:
In order to be the successful Engineering Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Qualified to HNC/HND or higher level in Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Action-oriented with the drive to see work through to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to technical challenges.
- Plans own work adequately to meet allocated deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to write reports of a technical nature and present information to the broader engineering team.
- Eligible for security clearance to a minimum of Security Check SC level.
- Full driving license. This role is office-based with regular travel across other sites.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!