|Location: Solihull||Salary: Benefits Package|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Engineering, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Senior Environmental Consultant
£45,000 - £50,000 + Flexible Benefits Package
This new Senior Environmental Consultant position Arup is working with a well known organisation of Designers, Consultants, Planners, Engineers and Technical Specialists that offer a wide range of professional services to clients.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant to shape the future of environmental assessment and management with a highly succesful consultancy business. The Environmental and Sustainability Team you would be part of is supporting frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of Environmental Specialists to support consent applications and discharge of conditions, detailed design and construction management
- Work on infrastructure development projects in Highways and water management.
- Help to grow services across infrastructure sectors, develop internal and external client relationships, and support collaboration with internal engineering design teams
- Report to the Environmental Management Leader
- Be responsible for the management of multidisciplinary teams for the Environmental Impact Assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including Highways
- Lead input to quality assurance of Environmental Statements, non-statutory assessments, appraisals and management plans at all stages of project lifecycle
- Lead individual projects and the environmental aspects of wider engineering and development projects, responsible for technical and commercial success.
- Support the team in business development activities.
- Prepare and lead on input into bids, proposals, and tenders for environmental services.
Requirements and skills
- A Degree or post graduate degree in an Environment related science;
- Proven professional experience working within environmental impact assessment and management of infrastructure projects
- Professionally qualified through relevant professional body;
- Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major Highways projects in the UK
- Experience of working in other sectors including rail, water, energy would be welcomed;
- In depth practical knowledge and experience of environmental requirements for consenting of infrastructure projects in the UK;
- Good knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework, Policy and Guidance;
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary environmental teams;
- Experience of working closely with engineering, planning, and stakeholder engagement teams;
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple work streams within small to major large scale projects;
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences ranging from individual discipline technical specialists, senior projects leads, stakeholders (including stakeholder engagement) and key Clients;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of Environmental Statement authoring and editing;
- Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business;
- Experience of working in a client-facing role;
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.