|Location: Leeds||Salary: £41000 - £43000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Highways & Highways Electricals, Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Beth Currid||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Senior Environmental Consultant
£41,000 - £43,000 + Flexible Benefits Package
Senior Environmental Consultant needed to join an ever growing and award-winning environmental and sustainability team who are focused on creating sustainable futures in the delivery of some of the most complex and challenging infrastructure projects. We are looking for a Senior Environmental Consultant with a broad range of EIA experience and the desire to help us shape a better world to join our team based in Leeds.
The successful candidate should be degree qualified in the relevant degree - Environmental Science and be working towards Chartered Environmentalist with a relevant institution.
- Coordination and / or supporting the delivery of high-quality EIA for a variety of infrastructure projects (working across a wide range of sectors);
- Undertaking your own work to an excellent standard, and reviewing the work of others;
- Expertly managing projects including resources, deliverables, subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback;
- Providing environmental advice and support to clients, project managers and colleagues;
- Engaging with consultees and stakeholders;
- Working collaboratively within diverse multi-disciplinary teams;
- Leading on and supporting proposals / bids;
- Client facing, business development and winning new work, with support from others;
- Mentoring junior staff and encouraging their personal development;
- Taking an active part in developing Arup's presence on external bodies and organisations and developing best practice in the field.
Requirements and skills:
- Degree qualified in environmental science.
- Working towards Chartered Environmentalist, with a relevant institution (preferably IEMA).
- Typically, 6+ years' post graduate degree consultancy experience delivering all aspects of EIA, including the preparation of screening reports, scoping reports, and Environmental Statements.
- Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major projects and / or Nationally Significant Infrastructure.
- Strong project management skills including demonstrable experience of managing financial and quality performance and risk.
- Strong business development skills, with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business, for example managing and coordinating proposals.
- Strong desire to encourage junior team members in their professional development.
- Demonstrable experience of compliance with client specific governance processes would be a distinct advantage.
- Specialist technical skill in an EIA topic and/or in the practical application of sustainability appraisal tools would be a distinct advantage.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant to progress their career. If you are interested then please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.