|Location: Solihull, Solihull, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Rail & Infrastructure, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Senior Environmental Consultant
Location: West Midlands
This position is with a very well known firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Consultant to join and help shape the future of environmental assessment and management. The role sits within a team of 40+ multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability consultants supporting collaborative service frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK across key sectors.
In this role you will lead multidisciplinary teams of environmental specialists to support consent applications and discharge of conditions, detailed design and construction management as the UK increases investment in infrastructure development, particularly Highways and water management.
You will also have the opportunity to innovate and grow the services across infrastructure sectors, develop internal and external client relationships, and support collaboration with internationally renowned engineering design teams;
* Be responsible for the management of multidisciplinary teams for the Environmental Impact Assessment and management of infrastructure projects (Highways in particular)
* Lead input to, compilation, critical review and quality assurance of Environmental Statements, non-statutory assessments, appraisals and management plans at all stages of project delivery;
* Prepare non-technical specialist sections of assessments;
* Lead individual projects and the environmental aspects of wider engineering and development projects, responsible for technical and commercial success;
* Support the team in business development activities, including identifying and pursuing opportunities;
* Prepare and lead on input into bids, proposals, and tenders for environmental services direct to major UK clients;
* Communicate effectively; develop and maintain relationships with internal; and external stakeholders.
Requirements and skills
- A Degree or post graduate degree in an environment related science;
* Significant professional experience working within environmental impact assessment and management of infrastructure projects.
* Professionally qualified
* Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major Highways projects and compliance with governance processes;
* Experience of working in other sectors including rail, water, energy would be an advantage;
* In depth practical knowledge and experience of environmental requirements for consenting of infrastructure projects in the UK;
* Good knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework, Policy and Guidance;
* Experience of leading multi-disciplinary environmental teams;
* Experience of working closely with engineering, planning, and stakeholder engagement teams;
* Experience and appreciation of working in a Collaborative working environment across business teams and in Joint Ventures a distinct advantage;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of Environmental Statement authoring and editing;
* Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects;
* Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.