|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Senior Estimator needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Estimator with an in-depth knowledge of coordinating cost and pricing inputs, technical estimating, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Estimator will include:
- Ensuring estimating inputs for all areas.
- Review of estimating inputs against benchmark information (e.g. past actuals, similar alternatives etc), and challenging providers (both re under and over estimates).
- Validation of estimate inputs (e.g. quoted, based upon sound logic or recent actuals etc).
- Specifying and agreeing a pricing library for standard production parts / systems.
- Population and validation of the pricing library.
- Ongoing maintenance of the pricing library.
- Timely completion of signed off cost books, in particular complex/ high value (>£5M) proposals.
- Development and maintenance 01' the pricing library.
- Act as lead estimator in coordinating and producing detailed cost estimates that fulfil customer requirements.
- Ensure estimates are developed, reviewed and submitted on time.
- Review, support and challenge information breakdown including NRE, materials, labour, contingencies, and provenance of estimates etc.
- Highlight any risks.
- Act as the lead "owner" of the Pricing Library ensuring it is maintained current.
- Bid management
Previous experience in a Senior Estimator position within the Defence industry is highly sought after for this position.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Estimator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Senior Estimator position must have obtained or be eligible for Security Clearance up to SC level.