|Location: South London||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum|
|Sector: Real Estate||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Oliver Jones||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Senior Estimator required for a residential and commercial investment property specialists based on London. As the Senior Estimator you will be tasked with leading estimates for Development or Contract works of client's developments and to secure sufficient work by value and type to meet the company's objectives whilst working with and reporting in to the Commercial Director.
- Visit site to ascertain the lay of the land, any risks, any logistical challenges etc
- Liaise with development team, prospective contractor and Planner to agree methodology and principles
- Undertake and prepare full cost plan estimates based on the available data and identify any value engineering items and cost separately
- Prepare detailed BOQ to allow the site team to procure and make more accurate allowances
- Prepare assumptions and clarifications list when preparing the build cost
- Maintain register of key risks and opportunities
- Liaise with land team to assist in pricing
- Liaise with design team to assist in pricing
- Assist with surveyor to complete all tendering
- Complete necessary PQQ's and assist in developing the contractor data base
- Present completed bid and justify to management, investors and any other interested parties
- Handover to site team by means of a presentation with the land team
- Provide ongoing support to site teams relating to estimate and key assumptions
- Maintain tender notes and submit an estimating pack for handover to the site team
- Create and maintain a pro-forma to benchmark estimates between projects and present to Management. This should also include the actual contract value that was agreed and comparison to tender.
- Present quarterly report on predicted inflation/deflation and impact on future costs. This should be based on feedback from Contractors, Consultants and explanation of source data included.
- Update Project Monitor document as and when tasks are completed
- Maintain filing of all completed tenders from contractors
- Attend weekly planning, commercial and other meetings as required Secondary / Future Functions
- Assist in variations to be priced
- Assist with preparation of tenders
- Assist the Commercial Director to ensure that the Company's Commercial objectives are being met.
- Assist with Contract negotiations
- Lead junior Estimators in the future Key relationships: Land Team / Commercial Team / Development team/Operational Team
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Estimator to progress their career with a dynamic company. Get in touch to discuss this role in more detail or hit the apply button.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.