|Location: Carlisle||Salary: £38000 - £42000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Senior Highways Engineer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Highways Engineer to join my clients team in Carlisle.
A Senior Highways Engineer is an important operational and career development position in our organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
What you'll be doing:
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings, identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- Extensive post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary.
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
To register your interest APPLY NOW!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.