|Location: Manchester||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Tom Ratcliffe||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Senior Highways Engineer
Senior Highways Engineer needed for a design consultancy based in Manchester who are committed to promoting sustainability and minimising environmental impacts throughout their design work. As the Senior Highways Engineer, you will be working with a dynamic team on major prestigious projects, focussing on the designing of traffic management, utilising your knowledge of engineering and transportation techniques.
The successful Senior Highways Engineer will ideally hold a degree in Civil Engineering or similar. Significant consideration will be given if you have extensive experience of working in Highway's design, Traffic Engineering, or Transport planning.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Highways Engineer will include:
- Design of highway maintenance and improvement scheme designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD and Civils 3D.
- Produce highways 3D Engineering designs from 2D layouts including existing and proposed models, cross section, long section and contours.
- Liaise or consult with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project.
- Provide support within the Highways Team in the management and delivery of the service to clients
What experience you need to be the Senior Highways Engineer:
- Good understanding of traffic and highway legislation and design standards
- Demonstrate understanding of Health & Safety including CDM responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of relevant technical / industry / TfL standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer to personally develop and quickly progress their career. Please apply as soon as possible, or get in touch immediately to register your interest and discuss the role in more detail.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.