|Location: Cheshire||Salary: Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Consultant.
Bristol OR Warrington base location.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Extensive Benefits Package.
UK SC Clearance is a requirement for this position, if you don't currently have it but are eligible we would still be interested in hearing from you.
We have a brand new vacancy for an experienced Human Factors Consultant to work with a major employer on some exciting Nuclear projects in both power generation and military settings. You will be joining a specialist team of Human Factors Engineers and offer your expertise and mentoring guidance to more junior members of the team. You will be a focal point for some great projects and should be a proven expert in Human Factors.
- Providing Human Factors input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are included
- Preparing and agreeing Human Factors Integration Plans
- Managing delivery for the work undertaken within their agreed remit against cost and programme to the satisfaction of the Projects Stakeholders
- Producing, verifying, and approving calculations, analyses, design basis documentation and technical reports
- Acting as the Point of Contact for the Key Stakeholders, ensuring adequate communication between the Engineering Delivery Team, Construction Experts, Operators, Safety Assessors, Site Safety Case Managers and other Stakeholders
- Participate in HAZID studies
- Review and approval of design changes, concessions and technical queries
- Managing project risks by closing out Human Factors items on the Technical Issues and Risk Register Database.
- Raising quality plans for single discipline work packages
- Producing, verifying, and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then verifying/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design sub-contract are met
- Feeding back lessons learnt for use on future stages of the current project and other projects
- Review bids and designs
- Develop bids for Human Factors related support
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience of undertaking human factors assessments in support of hazard analysis and safety justification.
- Experience of undertaking human factors design activities.
- Experience in a high hazard industry, ideally working on a variety of projects in the UK Nuclear sector.
- Experience of:
- HFI planning and management
- HRA/Error techniques
- Equipment and facility design and assessment
- Developing and preparing Human Factors documentation for projects in support of project deliverables and ALARP justifications
- Co-ordinating production of HF submissions to projects
- Experienced in managing teams to deliver large, technically complex, fit for purpose human factors solutions
- Provision of leadership in key technical areas of human factors
- Experience in the mentoring, training and development of more junior staff
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.