|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Ben's|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Consultant
£40,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Benefits Package.
We are looking for a bright, experienced and enthusiastic Human Factors consultant to join our internationally recognised client in their fast growing Human Factors team in Cambridge.
Our Human Factors Engineering team is part of the Global HF Team based in the UK. The group undertakes the development of innovative medical products from understanding user and stakeholder needs through to concept generation, design, development, verification and validation.
The work is in four principal areas:
Drug delivery - Diagnostic devices and systems - Surgical products and systems - Connected health systems.
What is on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme up to 12% of salary
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Disability insurance plan
- Free canteen
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
The products that we develop range from next generation injection devices and novel point-of-care diagnostic devices to revolutionising surgical tools and connected healthcare devices. There are also opportunities to work across other divisions, e.g. in consumer and wireless technology product space.
Our work ranges from complete product developments to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
- You will take an active part in supporting the Human Factors elements of medical device product development projects. This will require working with multidisciplinary teams, clients as well as collaborators to plan and execute the Human Factors programme of work.
- You will design and conduct various types of Human Factors studies such as formative and validation studies in the UK and also overseas.
- You will lead small to medium sized Human Factors projects working with other members of the team and ensuring that the project is delivered to clients' satisfaction.
- You will support sales activities by working closely with senior members of the Human Factors Engineering team and other functions.
Human Factors Skills
- Proven knowledge of Human Factors requirements for medical products.
- Good knowledge and experience of conducting interviews, workshops and focus groups to understand user and stakeholder needs and aspirations.
- Good knowledge, skills and experience of conducting preliminary Human Factors analyses such as task analyses and expert reviews.
- Good experience of designing and conducting various types of formative and validation studies, including conducting one-to-one interviews with users
- Good experience of preparing documentation, such as study protocols and reports, to high technical standards
- Experience of working within a medical product development environment, preferably at a medical device consultancy firm, pharmaceutical or medical device company.
- Strong communication skills - an ability to prepare and effectively present high quality technical documentation, business correspondence and presentations
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Human Factors Engineering, Usability Engineering, Ergonomics, Psychology or Engineering.
- Other bachelor's degree with relevant experience will also be acceptable.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.