|Location: Warrington||Salary: Benefits Package|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Senior Human Factors Consultant
Location: Bristol or Warrington + Flexible working
This Senior Human Factors Consultant opportunity is with a leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. From inception during the earliest days of nuclear research and development, they recognised that a focus on people and the expertise they deliver is the key to meeting the challenges of this exciting technology.
Today we are recruiting for a Senior Human Factors Consultant to join the team and be based in either Bristol Centre or Warrington to take a lead role across a number of exciting and key projects on a permanent basis.
You decide which location suits best and flexible working is also possible.
- Providing the Human Factors input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are incorporated
- Preparing and agreeing Human Factors Integration Plans
- Managing delivery for the work undertaken within their agreed remit against cost and programme to the satisfaction of the Key Stakeholders
- Producing, verifying, and approving calculations, analyses, design basis documentation and technical reports
- Acting as the Point of Contact for the Key Stakeholders, ensuring adequate communication between the Engineering Delivery Team, Construction Experts, Operators, Safety Assessors, Site Safety Case Managers and other Stakeholders
- Participating in Hazard Identification studies
- Reviewing bids and designs
- Developing bids for Human Factors related support
- Developing sections for Human Factors work as part of multidisciplinary bids
- Producing estimates for bids
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Supporting the growth the business through the identification and development of opportunities
- Maintaining awareness of wider industry process and project developments
- Reviewing industry best practice for implementation
- Undertaking any special duties as may be specified from time to time by the Functional Leader
- Ensuring that deployed resources are suitably qualified and experienced personnel
- Directing and supervising the work of technical specialists within the same discipline
The perfect background:
- Direct and relevant experience of undertaking human factors assessments in support of hazard analysis and safety justification
- Experience working in a high hazard industry across a variety of projects (e.g. nuclear, defence, oil and gas, rail). It is highly desirable if you have worked in support of Sellafield, AWE, Devonport Royal Dockyard or on UK Submarines projects previously.
- Experience of using systems engineering techniques on projects.
- Experience of using Jack, Solidworks or similar CAD packages in support of Human Factors work
- Experience of undertaking human factors design activities in support of design and engineering
- Experience in a high hazard industry, ideally working across a variety of projects in the nuclear industry.
- 2:1 Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors or Applied Psychology.
* Chartered Status (or working towards)
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks.
Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.