|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Engineering, Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Consulant (x2)
Nuclear or Defence background.
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits Package.
We have 2 new vacancies open for Senior Human Factors Consultants in Bristol today, these are in the Naval Nuclear and Defence industries and as such require SC Clearance to be in place. The client is a major engineering consultancy with a particular focus on the UK's Nuclear industry.
You would be working for an established consultancy with a well known brand name in an exciting and busy industry alongside other Human Factors experts.
- Proven experience of undertaking Human Factors assessments in support of hazard analysis and safety justification
- Experience of undertaking Human Factors design activities in support of design and engineering
- Career experience in a high hazard industry, preferably working on a variety of projects in the UK's nuclear industry.
- HFI planning and management
- HRA/Error techniques
- Equipment and facility design and assessment
- Developing and preparing Human Factors documentation for projects in support of project deliverables and ALARP justifications, Co-ordinating production of HF submissions to projects
- Experience of managing teams to deliver technically complex human factors deliverables would be highly advantageous
- Leadership in key technical areas of human factors
- Experience in the mentoring, training and development of junior Human Factors colleagues
- Providing Human Factors input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are considered
- Preparing and agreeing Human Factors Integration Plans
- Managing delivery for the work undertaken within the agreed remit against cost and programme to the satisfaction of Stakeholders
- Producing, verifying, and approving calculations, analyses, design basis documentation and technical reports
- Acting as the Point of Contact for the Key Stakeholders, ensuring adequate communication between the Engineering Delivery Team, Operators, Safety Assessors, Safety Case Managers and other Stakeholders
- Participating in Hazard Identification studies
- Co-ordinating production of the Human Factors deliverables
- Review and approval of design changes, concessions and technical queries
- Managing project risks by closing out Human Factors items on the Technical Issues and Risk Register Database.
- Raising quality plans for single discipline work packages
- Producing, verifying, and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then verifying/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design sub-contract are met
- Feeding back lessons learnt for use on future stages of the current project and other projects
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.