|Location: Cumbria||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Job Title: Senior ILS Engineer
Location: Cumbria + Remote Working
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: ILS, AR&M, Reliability, Maintainability, Supportabili9ty, Logistic Support Analysis, LSA, RCM, Safety, Modelling, Defence, Maritime, Obsolescence, Stakeholder Management, Reporting
An experienced ILS Engineer is required to play a key role in working across the design evolution incorporating Through Life Supportability and ensuring that any design changes are assessed for potential impacts on future solutions.
So, what will you be doing as an ILS Engineer?
- Be the focal point for Supportability, Obsolescence and Disposal for the Control and Instrumentation (C&I)
- Work alongside the C&I Technical Leads to provide supportability advice and guidance to the design process, maintaining close liaison with all Supportability Stakeholders across the Alliance
- Review of OEM / Supplier / Alliance Supportability documentation, plans and deliverables as appropriate
- Instigating regular interaction with Support stakeholders, attending Support meetings / workshops, providing reports against Support activity as directed
- Authoring of reports and producing support documentation deliverables as required in accordance with recognised Defence and International supportability standards
What are we looking for in our next ILS Engineer?
- HND/Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
- Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) and how Reliability and Maintainability affect equipment / system Availability and through life cost and how AR&M outputs influence the design and interrelate with Logistic Support Analysis (LSA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Safety activities
- Understanding of how LSA and RCM tools and techniques are used to influence the design of cost-effective support solutions
- You will be able to articulate the importance of Supply Support outputs to the development of cost-effective Support Solutions via modelling and analysis using industry standard tools and recognised methodology e.g. Opus Modeller, Poisson
- You will be able to articulate how obsolescence mitigations and resolutions can be developed using the tools and techniques described in recognised standards and guidance, the linkages between obsolescence management and other support engineering outputs and deliverables
- You will be able to articulate how the design of a system or sub-system is influenced with regard safe disposal at end of life in accordance with all current and emerging legislation
- You will have knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- You will have demonstrable knowledge of Supportability tools, standards and methodologies
- Willingness to travel to other sites within UK when required
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next ILS Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next ILS Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Current Security Clearance (SC) is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.