|Location: Crawley||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Senior Design Manager
My client is looking for a talented industrial design leader to join our enterprise-wide UX team and lead our global industrial design strategy, based in our Crawley / Gatwick office. Our products enable the treatment of cancers with radiation therapy and improving the design of these products can improve the life and work of patients, oncologists and other healthcare professionals.
Improving the industrial design of our products is not just about the look and feel (though that matters), but it is also about the dual goals of simplification and empowerment - enabling more users to treat more patients more easily, and also enabling users to acquire new skills and treat cancers that might otherwise be untreatable.
Industrial design, for us, is primarily hardware, but it is also about the way software interactions are enabled through hardware and the ways that hardware and software come together at key moments in the user's everyday work.
This role will report to the Director of User Experience Design and Usability, within the Enterprise Platform Group and will work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team and with business line product management as well as system and solution architects.
- Working with the Director of UX to understand business line roadmaps and define industrial design strategy, principles and priorities.
- Oversee industrial design practice throughout my client to ensure that strategy and principles are being followed and to understand when and where they need updating.
- Maintain and update our industrial design vision and design principles.
- Work with the Architecture and Engineering teams to ensure that designs align with our strategy.
- Ensuring that our design efforts are aligned with the brand and that they offer a coherent and consistent experience to our users
- Take responsibility for the creative direction for large projects, helping out as needed (rolling your sleeves up as necessary) and finding agencies to assist us when necessary.
- Establish good practices of industrial design critique throughout the company (for example, guiding teams to make good choices after design evaluations)
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies
- 10+ years experience as designer (individual contributor)
- 3+ years experience as design strategist
- Experience developing designs and design systems for complex products.
- Passion for developing solutions to complex problems.
- Be an excellent storyteller with effective stakeholder management and presenting skills
- Be a design leader - able to sell a vision and lead people in same direction
- Familiarity with medical device design and its related regulatory frameworks will also be very useful, but is not essential.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.