|Location: Carlisle, Cumbria, England||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Walmisley||Job Published: 26 days ago|
IT Support Engineer, Carlisle
£25,000 - £30,000
If you are confident resolving queries both onsite and remotely with customers, and have a good background in an MSP environment this role is for you. Currently looking for an IT Support Engineer to join a growing team and become hands on with a range of queries, including Windows Server, Office 365 and Virtualisation set up.
This company has a wide range of customers based across the UK which makes this is an excellent opportunity for an engineer looking to move up to a more senior role.
Main Duties will include: -
- Providing onsite and remote technical support.
- Remote support & installations.
- Dealing with any third parties to complete any of the above.
Core Technical Skills Required:
- Ideally with 3+ years' experience in a similar role and have a can-do attitude.
- This role could take you all over the UK so you should be willing and able to spend some time away from home.
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Managing Active Directory environments
- Group Policy in an environment of 30+ devices
- DNS, DHCP, and the TCP/IP suite
- WDS, MDT, or other imaging tools (both creating and deploying images)
- Windows 7 - 10
- Office 365
- Virtualisation environments (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Switch configuration and VLAN management
- SharePoint Online
- iPad/tablet deployment and management
- Wi-Fi installation and configuration
- Network cabling installation and technology
- Desirable but not Essential:
- Firewall/Watchguard configuration and management
- SDWAN experience
- Hosted telephony
- Microsoft/Cisco certification.
- Good communication skills are paramount - listening to our customers is just as important as talking to them.
- You will be working as part of a highly experienced and motivated team and be expected to
- be prepared to assist in other projects to pick up new skills.
- Clean valid UK driving license is essential.
Benefits include a company vehicle and travel expenses to be fully covered. You will also be with a team that have proven success in their market.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.