|Location: Hampshire||Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum + pension, healthcare, benefits|
|Sector: Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Douthwaite|
Senior Laboratory Technician Disinfectant testing
Would you like to wokr for a highly successful laboratory testing organisation.
Senior Technician' in disinfectant testing in our Validation area.
- Good organisational skills
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to record data accurately
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
To lead and perform disinfectant efficacy studies following client specific protocols and a variety of BS EN Methods. For example, suspension testing (BS EN: 1276 (Bactericidal Activity), BS EN: 1650 (Fungicidal Activity), BS EN: 13704 (Sporicidal Activity)) and BS EN: 13697 (Surface Testing).
- Writing protocols for disinfectant efficacy studies, test method design and validation, SOPs, and study/technical reports.
- General administration duties including collating, reviewing and approving various laboratory records.
- To ensure work is completed to the required level of quality in a timely manner.
- Ensuring stock levels of appropriate media and consumables are maintained at the desired level.
- Conduct incident investigations concerning out of specification results.
- Provide operational support, problem solving and suggestions to improve current processes.
- Training and supervision of junior staff.
- To communicate with customers over routine work requirements.
Bachelor's degree in microbiology or other related degree subject, or equivalent directly related experience.
- Knowledge and competency in conducting disinfectant efficacy studies in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge and experience in disinfectant neutralization.
- Understanding of microorganism growth and recoveries, and ability to apply skills to new situations.
Salary up to £24,000.00 depending on qualifications or experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
- Free car park, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit
- Day off on your birthday (after 6 months' probation)
This position is based in Hampshire, for full details on the vacancy and location please get in touch.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.