|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Manufacturing Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will work with Technical Leads within Engineering to ensure that design for manufacturability and maintenance is considered throughout the lifecycle, there will be a distinct focus upon design for manufacture and ensuring that the supply-chain is capable and competent of proving the desired requirements.
The successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 day's holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private Health Care
- Dental Care
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Achievement of manufacturing/material cost budgets through support to the engineering design team
- Be aware of any innovations in manufacture that could be taken advantage of.
- Work in conjunction with the supply chain to identify technical requirements for suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on identification of solutions and build long-term relationships within the scope of the DFM Engineer role.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering team to ensure product reliability and where necessary that corrective actions have taken place.
- Participate in and lead value engineering projects.
- Identify key critical parameters to be monitored at the manufacturers site and agree reporting methods.
- Ensure that the suppliers test capability is at an acceptable level (including process) such as measurement systems analysis where appropriate.
- Produce process capability reports.
- The DFM Engineer will be expected to work across a range of disciplines linking with the Technical Lead Engineering as needed.
- In conjunction with NPI engineering and product quality, ensure that any manufacturing issues identified in pilot trials have been addressed.
What you need to be the successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Manufacturing Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience with manufacturability for Mechanical & Electrical design
- Experience in component manufacture and mechanical assembly manufacturing engineering
- Ability to multi task and work with diverse cross functional teams in a design and manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of general mechanical design principles, including design for manufacturing (DFM) and geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- General understanding of aerospace material properties, including metals and plastics, required. Knowledge of composite materials is a plus
- Experience designing mechanical/electrical components and assemblies
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- An ability to deliver under pressure with an appetite for measured success
- Well organised and delivery focused
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!