|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading aerospace engineering organisation based in the Bedfordshire area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Mechanical Design Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent mechanical drawing and design. If you have commercial experience in Mechanical Design within aerospace, automotive or defence engineering that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Produce high integrity manufacturing package deliverables (concept schemes, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings and design specifications
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the manufacturing, qualification and 'in-service' plan phases of the project
- Ensure experience feedback to the relevant functions in the organisation
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company's systems, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews within deadline
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Aerospace/Aviation Industry an advantage
- Good knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical and avionic equipment installations
- 3D CAD modelling (Catia V5) & Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques
- Component mechanical engineering
- Good knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture and assembly
- Good knowledge/understanding of application tolerances
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- To be able to evaluate the mechanical behaviour of designs
- Capable of working on design solutions and acting as design competence
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.