|Location: Tring, Hertfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will offer the following benefits:
* Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday
* Pension Plan
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Designing new products and concepts using Solidworks.
* Maintaining, where necessary, existing design information using legacy CAD software
* Refining existing models in the product range
* Follow company processes and procedures for new product introduction
* Conduct design validation exercided based on product specification to meet quality and cost targets.
* Performing design-to-cost sudies and implementing cost-down solutions
* Preparing design documentation for production (component design, technical drawings, assembly instructions and parts lists)
* Creating new items and bills of materials within the MRP system
* Maintaining existing product structures within the MRP system
* Defining new BoM structures for operations use within the MRP system
* Working with suppliers to develop intelligent manufacturing strategies
* Working closely with other departments to provide relevant information as required
* Checking colleague's technical drawings to ensure they comply with company standards.
* Preparing design reviews where required
* Leading design projects on new and existing product lines
What you need to be the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer :
In order to be the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A mechanical engineering degree with particular emphasis on design plus experience as a design engineer in a relevant hi-tech industry, e.g. special purpose machinery, industrial scientific equipment, x-ray equipment
* HND or HNC in engineering plus experience as a design engineer in a relevant hi-tech industry, e.g. special purpose machinery, industrial scientific equipment, x-ray equipment.
* Good to excellent working knowledge of using Solidworks CAD software in a professional capacity
* Good working knowledge of standard office software, MS Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Solidworks certified professional qualification.
* Working towards or obtained chartered engineer status.
* Understanding of electrical and electronic design principles.
* Experience with large international manufacturing companies.
* Experience working with radiation, and to the relevant safety practical and design standards.
* Experience designing large high precision moving machinery.
* Experience using MRP tools