|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading Aerospace company based in Bedfordshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, who has good knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical and avionics equipment instillations, someone who can use 3D CAD modelling/ Catia V5 and someone who has a good understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture and assembly.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Produce high integrity manufacturing package deliverables (concept schemes, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development if drawings and design specifications.
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the manufacturing, qualification and 'in service' plan phases of the project.
- Ensure experience feedback to the relevant functions in the organisation.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues.
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with companies' systems, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001.
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a s critical aspect in mind.
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews within deadline.
- To act as Lead Engineer on selected projects as required, taking responsibility for development of customer relationship and supporting the acquisition of follow-on business.
- Prime point of contact with defined customers and designated projects.
- Prime point of contact with defined subcontractors on designated projects.
- To develop Subject Matter Expert status on specific topics.
- Support and mentoring of lower level Mechanical Design Office contract staff as required.
- Supervision of Mechanical Design Office contract staff as required.
- Support efficient management and organisations of Mechanical Design Office projects and taskings.
- Produce Mechanical Design Office estimates for designated quotes.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager.
What you need to be the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Aerospace/ Aviation industry as an advantage.
- Good knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical and avionics equipment instillations.
- 3D CAD modelling (Catia V5) & Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques.
- Component mechanical engineering
- Good knowledge/ understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture assembly.
- Good knowledge/ understanding of application tolerances.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- To be able to evaluate the mechanical behavior of designs.
- Capable of working on design solutions and acting as design competence,
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for this role, you must be eligible for SC Clearance.